Thursday, January 22, 2015

Downton Style Made Modern...


Any other Downton Abbey fans out there?  Maybe I'm the only one who can see it, but I think the pics in today's post are somewhat of a Downton look made modern.  Maybe it's the hat that lends itself to the feel of yesteryear?!?


There's something about January that equates to the wearing of black, neutrals (like beige); paired with deep rich shades (e.g. burgundy or hunter green). To me, these photos depict a classic January workday look (at least in my little corner of the world).  What do you think?



Take a moment to check out this past post.  It's related to "recycled" Downton Abbey style.

Coat: DKNY
Dress: J.Crew
Tights: ?
Booties: Nine West
Gloves: Coach
Handbag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Hat: August Hat Company
Garnet Pendant: Gifted
On My Nails: Essie Berry Naughty
Lipstick: NARS Afghan Red


Share with me your thoughts on today's ensemble, Downton Abbey or classic wintertime looks where you live. Would adore hearing them!

Joy & hugs, T.

Linked on Thursday to:   Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * Treasure Tromp and on Friday to: Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday and Fashion Should Be Fun