Thursday, February 5, 2015

On Taking Risks in Life + Style...


I'm not afraid to mix things up--in life or style.  Thing is...my experience has taught me that there's a "safe" and calculated way to take risks--within both realms...


As you can see from these pics, there's a whole lot going on: three different patterns and array of various hues. I'm even wearing two coats (one's a vest, actually). Yet, it all seems to work.


You see... All the shades and tones I'm sporting are muted, neutral tones: browns, black and grays (denim, too).  This allowed me to mix and match pieces much more softly, easily. And, the wearing of two coats? Tried this look out at home before I stepped out onto the streets with it (smile).


In other words, I shook things up gently, and with forethought. The nice thing is my statement was made (and play enjoyed)--without getting myself out of bounds (so to speak!).


The same holds true in life.  When I seek to make major changes, I begin slowly. Smaller shifts help better align my dreams and realities without getting me into situations where I'm regretful for the choices I've made.  This makes it easier to take risks more often--since I'm doing so logically. :)

 Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Scarf: Coach (gifted)
Sweater: Zara
Leather Jacket: No brand (and nearly 10 years old!)
Faux Fur Vest: Handmade by Etsy Vendor
Jeans: Loft
Suede Booties: G.C. Shoes (boutique purchase)
Leather Gloves: Vintage Coach (gifted)
Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff


Share with me your thoughts on taking risks--in style and life.  Would adore hearing them!

Hugs, joy & peace! T.

Linked on Thursday to:   Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * Treasure Tromp * Let Your Light Shine Thursday and on Friday to: Simple SequinsStyle Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday and Fashion Should Be Fun