Thursday, March 19, 2015

Self-care Minimum Requirements...


A few years ago, I stumbled upon author Jennifer Louden's thoughts on minimum requirements for self-care.  It's a concept that comes in (most especially) handy when one is taxed with incredibly busy times.



That's me--as of late.  I'm juggling several huge workplace deadlines--along with a staff shortage. This keeps me (um) hopping.  Despite that fact, I'm not skimping on my self-care basics, though...


My minimum requirements for self-care include:
  • drinking plenty of water daily;
  • engaging in journal writing at least five mornings a week;
  • getting some form of daily exercise; 
  • adhering to my daily skincare and beauty regimen; and
  • carving out quality time, each evening, with Mark (e.g. a date night out, movie night in, walk at a local park, etc.).

 Turtleneck: Vintage
Dress: Vintage Michael Kors (Etsy)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Handbag: Kate Spade
Booties: Nine West
Watch: Kate Spade (gifted)
Bracelet: Kohl's
Pendant: Gifted
Sunnies: Michael Kors
Lipstick: Clinique Crushed Grape
Nails: Essie Ladylike


As for these "crazy" times... These, too, will eventually pass as all things do!


The proof is in the pic directly above. The snow is beginning to melt (finally).  And, in its place, tulips have begun to emerge (Yup, these tulip shoots are sweeties from my own flower bed)!


Share with me some of your self-care minimum requirements. I'd love to hear about them!

Joy & peace, T.

Linked on Thursday to:   Thursday Fashion Files * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * Let Your Light Shine Thursday * Happiness at Mid Life and on Friday to:  Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday and Fashion Should Be Fun