Thursday, March 12, 2015

Weekend Day 2 Eve: Eve



This is the second of a two-part post.  If you missed my daytime look, feel free to check it out here.


As I'd noted, the day began quite cold (it was in the 20's!).  By early evening, the temps had risen to nearly 40 degrees; so, I welcomed the opportunity to ditch my wool coat and don my lovely poncho. It's perfect for weather like this; especially when I'm sporting layers.


Saturday was a busy day. With several huge work deadlines looming, I decided to pop into the office for a few hours after our morning breakfast date.  I balanced it all out with an afternoon pedi at a nearby salon, though (smile).  Given my busy day, the last thing I wanted to do was to get entirely "re-dressed" for my dinner date with Mark.


Here's what I did: In an attempt to simplify, I decided to carry the same handbag, but switched out my boots to something a bit more streamlined.  I also decided to change out my sunnies. This pair always makes me feel glam; a great choice when heading out for a dinner date.  For a spot of drama, I drew some of my hair back; a quick and easy fix. The addition of a few statement jewelry pieces and an impact lipstick shade completed the look.


We ended up at a local pub downtown that evening where we enjoyed a lovely meal.  Afterwards, we headed off to a favorite ice cream shop for dessert before heading back home to watch a movie. Saturday ended up being a fabulous day for a variety of reasons...

Poncho: Ralph Lauren
Blouse: J.Crew (consigned)
Sweater: Jones New York
Jeans: J.Crew Factory
Boots: Nine West
Handbag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (gifted)
Diamond Hoop Earrings: Vintage
Sunnies: c/o Firmoo
Lipstick: Clinique Black Violet


What are your favorite day to eve tips?  Would adore hearing about them!

Joy & peace, T.


Linked on Thursday to:   Thursday Fashion Files * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * Let Your Light Shine Thursday and on Friday to:  Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday and Fashion Should Be Fun