Thursday, April 23, 2015

Daring to be Different...



I've adored tulle skirts for several years now.  Amazingly enough, I have yet to see anyone (here) in Bowling Green sporting one, though.  This somewhat surprises me as I live in a college town that exudes a wonderfully artistic, creatively expressive vibe.


 Not sure if I'm the first one here to sport a tulle skirt or not...



I can say I am the first one to do so in my somewhat conservative office (smile). Yup, this is what I wore to work last Friday.

Who knows? Maybe I'll have been the one to start the fad locally (LOL!). Even if no one else ever sports a tulle skirt, here, I will gleefully wear mine. It is one of many ways I creatively express my authentic self.


I've always felt "different" for a wide array of reasons (too many to talk about in a blog post--that's for sure). These days, I proudly embrace what makes me different. And, I'm not afraid to own it.


 Chambray Shirt: Fossil (similar)
Statement Necklace: Vintage Monet (antique shop purchase)
Tulle Skirt: eShakti (another lovely option)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Peep-toe Heels: Nine West (on sale!)
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted, but this one's similar)
Handbag: Coach (similar)
Sunnies: Vera Bradley


So, tell me... How have you dared to embrace being different?  Would love hearing about it!

Joy & peace, T.

Linked on Thursday to:   Thursday Fashion Files * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * Let Your Light Shine Thursday * Happiness at Mid Life and on Friday to:  Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday and Fashion Should Be Fun