Thursday, June 11, 2015

On Going Against the Grain...


This ensemble is what I wore last Friday to work, an early-evening retirement party (for a fellow executive staff member) and to dinner with Mark afterwards. Sure, Fridays are generally a bit more casual, but sometimes it's nice to go against the grain where style is concerned...


You see, when it comes to fashion, it's all about donning what feels right and good to me--versus sporting what's expected...


Did I "stand out" a bit that day?  Sure, but in a good way as elegance is always en vogue, yes?

Lace Dress: Vintage (Etsy; lovely modern option)
Jacket: Talbot's (similar)
Heels: Michael Kors
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Handbag: Coach (adore this one, too)
Men's Diamond Watch: Elgin (yard sale snag!)
Bakelite Bracelet: Vintage (Etsy)
Brooch: Vintage (antique shop)


As in style, so in life... In those instances, where something "expected" doesn't seem right, I also "go against the grain."  I challenge by asking questions and/or stating my opinion.  Does that always make me "popular?"  Nope, but it makes me feel I'm living in sync with my own values.  Ever feel that way, yourself?


Wishing you a beautiful weekend!  Joy & grace, T.

Linked on Thursday to:   Thursday Fashion Files * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * Let Your Light Shine Thursday * Happiness at Mid Life and on Friday to:  Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday and Fashion Should Be Fun