Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Joy of Surprise...





These pics were taken in Indiana (during our recent getaway).  That Saturday morning (when the outfit photos were taken), we were actually headed from the Indiana Memorial Union (in Bloomington) to the West Baden Springs Hotel; a gorgeous resort I've always wanted to experience.  A surprise party was being thrown for my lovely sister-in-law's birthday that day at a nearby golf course/country club; giving us just the excuse needed to do so (smile).



What a wonderful joy it was to be present when my sweet sis-in-law heard the crowd yell, "Surprise!"  She was so very touched to find her only sibling had traveled a good distance (from northwest Ohio) to be there in celebration that day. It's a priceless memory I'll long cherish!



Okay now, here's the real surprise... Preliminarily, we understood the birthday party was to begin at 6 p.m. that evening.  At 1:30 p.m., while enjoying lunch in the lovely hotel in West Baden, Mark realized that he hadn't read the invite thoroughly.  Seems there had since been a change in time for the event...

 


Yup, it had been moved to 3 p.m.  Fortunately, we were only a short distance away from the party site, and I had packed several extra pieces of clothing (my LBD was perfect for an evening event--not so much for an afternoon soiree).  Although I didn't get pics, I was able to switch out my shorts for this animal print skirt, my Birkenstocks for these metallic flats and let down my hair for a quick change that was totally appropriate for the occasion. Voile!  I was ready to go!


 Sunnies: c/o Firmoo
Top: J.Crew (consigned)
Shorts: Columbia
Shoes: Birkenstock
Handbag: Juicy Couture
Watch: Pulsar (Gifted)
Bracelet: Vintage (bought at local antique shop)




After the party, we enjoyed a trip to a nearby winery, dined out at a sports pub, savored a ragtime band on the veranda of the French Lick Resort Hotel, took a beautiful walk on the grounds/gardens of the West Baden Springs Hotel (I've included a few snapshots throughout this post) and sipped a nightcap in their lounge.  What a great day it was! Will feature added photos of the West Baden Springs Hotel in my next post (on Tuesday).

Joy & peace, T.

Linked on Thursday to:   Thursday Fashion Files * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * High Latitude Style * Happiness at Mid Life and on Friday to:  Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday and Fashion Should Be Fun