Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Simple, Yet Satisfying, Day

Painting in my art journal=a simple, but luscious joy!


I believe the simple things in life are oftentimes the most satisfying.  It’s cool and overcast this morning.  Yet, a steeping cup of hibiscus tea and vintage jazz music, playing softly in the background, add to my sense of this day’s sheer loveliness. 

I have a lunch date, with myself, planned for later. Yup, I’ll savor a chocolate banana soy smoothie from Starbucks .  Think I’ll enjoy it on their outdoor patio….  And, I’ll grab a to-go cup of java to take back to the office with me.  I simply cannot wait!

Tonight, will write and art journal after work; most likely, with enchanting Tabitha (diva tabby cat) as my faithful sidekick (smile).  Mark’s bringing pizza home for dinner; perhaps we’ll enjoy it while watching the movie we rented.  Of course, I won’t end this day before treating myself to a soak in a hot, lavender-scented bubble bath.  Simply fabulous!

Uh huh, this day; albeit simple, will be delightful!  Hoping yours is as well! T.