Monday, December 3, 2012

Comfort and Joy This Busy Season!


Hot cocoa and cookies...typical holiday comforts.  The mugs featured above are sacred vintage goodies my grandmother (we lovingly referred to as "Mimi") gave me many years ago--earning them deserved status as comfort items as well.

It's Monday, and, with a 7 p.m. work-related meeting on the agenda, it will most likely be a long one for me.  My comforts, today, will assuredly be found in mindfully enjoying mocha peppermint java while writing this morning (before work), sipping a cup of apple cider tea during my mid-morning tea break, savoring a sacred solo lunch sojourn (including a chocolate-banana soy smoothie), stretching desk-side throughout the day and tapping into yummy deep breathing any ole' time I choose.

The holiday season can be hectic; most especially for us women, as we often don more "hats" than anyone else.  A few years ago, I wrote an article for the Examiner, entitled "Tidings of Comfort and Joy for Women."  It includes a few great resources for added calm. You can access it here.

Have you listened to my recent podcast dedicated to self-care?  I crafted it with the busy holiday season in mind.  If you missed it, feel free to check it out by clicking here.  It serves as a reminder that self-nurturing is not only simple to carry out--but, it is essential, too.

Comfort and joy to you this Monday!  T.