Thursday, December 5, 2013

Proudly Sporting My Girl Power!




Here, in Ohio, there's a tremendously big rivalry.  It's the one between The Ohio State University and University of Michigan; especially where the game of football is concerned. Woman or not, I can join in with hubby and youngest son and sport a football jersey in an effort to show my team spirit.  You see, I did this past Saturday, and thoroughly enjoyed doing it!




I equally savor adding signature pieces that scream, "Jersey or not--I am girly-girl (and proud of it) to the core!" A statement necklace, heeled boots (had it have been warmer, I'd have worn my open-toed red heels!), a matching handbag and coat--all help me make this fact perfectly clear.


This same principle holds true in life.  Yes, on the job, I deal quite effectively with the management of budgets, statistical data and federal regulations.  And, I do so proudly sporting my heels, leopard print and lipstick.


Here's another example: I look forward to an evening watching my beloved Hoosiers play basketball.  Of course, the best way to do this is post a visit to the salon to indulge in a pedi (smile).

 Coat: L.L. Bean
Jersey: Nike (youngest son's)
Turtleneck Sweater: Style & Co via Nordstrom
Jeans: DKNY
Belt: Banana Republic
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Dollar Store 
Statement Necklace: Purchased from a talented friend
Gloves: Isotoner (my sons bought me these almost 20 years ago!)
Handbag: The Leather Satchel Co. via Asos

What about you? How do you embrace your feminine power?

Joy and peace, T.