Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Elegance is Refusal to...


Coco Chanel once said, "Elegance is refusal."  I say, "Elegance is refusal to:


  • tread lightly
  • require others' acceptance
  • discount my intuitive gifts
  • douse my light
  • give up
  • doubt myself



  • conform
  • explain
  • please
  • settle
  • blend in
  • live quietly 


  • apologize for being myself
  • sit it out
  • quit
  • stop dreaming
  • hold my tongue
  • put myself last."

Poet's Blouse: Chico's
Dress (worn as a jumper): Michael Kors (vintage via Etsy)
Silk Scarf: Vintage (purchased in an antique shop in Tipp City, OH)
Tights: Apt. 9 via Kohl's
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Betsey Johnson via TJ Maxx
Earrings: Vintage Monet
Handbag: Fossil


What rights of refusal bring you elegance?  Would love to hear about it!



Joy and peace, T.