Monday, November 11, 2013

Inspired Style


Being inspired is akin to receiving a gift--one wrapped up in the prettiest of paper and adorned with an amazingly-luscious bow.  In short, inspiration is that fabulous little spark that leads me to creatively put my own spin on my art, writing, work and wardrobe stylings.


The inspiration for this outfit was gleaned from Two Birds, a fab blog I enjoy tuning in to read.  My beloved trench and blue jeans are two items I wear frequently--just not together.  I loved this unusual pairing of items from first sight.  You can check out others' renditions of this pairing (alongside mine) on today's Inspiration Monday link-up.


Friday eve, as I left work, I saw a young woman walking along the sidewalk.  Right away, I though, "Great look!"  Interesting enough--I realized a moment later--she was sporting a trench paired with jeans.  Hmmm... Might be a look that's inspiring more than just a few of us!



 Trench Coat: Townhouse Petites (vintage)
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Chambray Shirt: Fossil
Jeans: Calvin Klein
Lambswool Sweater: Cambridge Dry Goods via TJ Maxx
Shoes: Target
Handbag: Vera Bradley (gifted)
Texting Gloves: Gifted
Statement Necklace: Consigned (Reinvent Boutique in Saline, MI)



On a side note... This added bit of info may inspire others to begin building a wardrobe comprised of quality, basic staple pieces... The trench coat I'm wearing is one I purchased in the fall of 1986.  It was a huge splurge at the time, but it was one I believed I'd wear for years to come.  Turns out, I have!


Share with me your fave style inspirations! I would adore hearing them.

Hugs & joy, T.