Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Benefits of Big Handbags & Journals...



There's a fab thing about carrying a large handbag... And, I'm not just talking about the fact that I can tote along assorted tubes of lipstick, my wallet and a portable umbrella--as well as every other necessity I tuck into my handbag each day...


Of course, these (and many other things) comprise the benefits of carrying a big handbag.  Nevertheless, the best thing is I can easily stow my journal in one, too.


This makes it convenient to pull her out and write at those times when I have an unexpected lull in time. Or...when I simply need to work things out for myself...



You see, I had a moment like that the other day. Things were simply weighing a bit more heavily on my mind than usual.  I won't say where I was or how I carved out time to write, but I did.  The amazing thing is it's a relatively-quick, no-fail, feel-good solution--every time...

Cashmere Cardigan: Marshall's
Dress: Vintage via Etsy
Belt: Michael Kors (vintage via Etsy)
Scarf: Thrifted
Tights: No Brand
Handbag: Fossil
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Nine West via TJ Maxx
Gloves: Target



Do you tote your journal in your handbag?  Have you found this to be a useful strategy? Please share! I'd love to hear about it.

Joy and peace, T.