Friday, November 15, 2013

Seasonal Style: Velvet Skirt


Nearly ten years ago, I bought a velvet maxi skirt to wear to a semi-formal winter event.  Funny, but I still remember how I wore it: paired it with a lavender silk blouse and a black scarf tied around my waist as a belt.  The blouse and scarf were already in my closet.  The skirt represented my last-minute way to pull together an affordably-chic look for a special event.


The nice thing about this skirt is I bought it in late January.  So, I got a sweet price on a quality-made piece. Each winter, I enjoy pulling it out--several times--to don it not only to dressier affairs, but (sometimes) to work, too.  It's one of my seasonal favorites...


 Sweater: Zara
Vest: Coldwater Creek
Belt: Thrifted
Skirt: Notations (almost 10 years old!)
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Target
Bangles: Etsy, antique shop (both vintage items)
Watch: Anne Klein
Statement Necklace: gifted (xo, Andrew + Amanda!)


Do you enjoy wearing velvet?  What are some of your favorite winter pieces to sport?

Joy and peace!  T.