Monday, November 18, 2013

Perspective: Creativity's Guide...


As a little girl, I had the wonderful privilege of studying art from a talented local artist named Helen Keller (No, it's just a coincidence!).  She firmly believed that a good artist relayed things the way she saw them--without worry whether others see it the same way or not.  She called it, "perspective."  "Draw it from your perspective," she'd encourage her students.


When this week's Two Birds Inspiration Monday photo was unveiled, I immediately latched onto two primary things.  Firstly, it appeared the model (Miranda Kerr) was wearing black pantyhose (versus tights) with a pair of black booties.  The second thing was she had on a black coat.



These pics convey my perspective of this week's inspiration photo.  In order to portray it, I had to dig deeply as I had thrown away every pair of pantyhose except for one.  Thankfully, the pair I had retained was black.


Never thought I'd sport pantyhose again, but I did the other day--and I had fun with it.  In my opinion, it's not a bad look with the black booties. What do you think?

 Coat:  DKNY
Scarf: Albert Nipon (consigned)
Breton Stripe Top: LL Bean
Pendant: Gift from parents
Sunnies: Nine West
Booties: Nine West
Pencil Skirt: Macy's
Belt: Fossil
Beaded Bracelet: Gift shop in Nassau
Gloves: Target


Be sure and check out my and others' perspectives related to this week's Inspiration Monday photo.  Joy and peace! T.