Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sometimes a "Loss" is a Win...



Once upon a time, there was a little girl living in rural southern Indiana.  There, she learned the love of watching college basketball games...


Turns out, that girl is me... Although I haven't lived in Indiana for almost 20 years, I adore watching college basketball--especially when my Indiana University Hoosiers are playing.


Last Friday evening, post dinner downtown with Mark, I settled in front of a lit fireplace to watch my Hoosiers fall (by a loss of one point) to the University of Connecticut Huskies.  That's okay, though.  You see, the Huskies (a ranked team) were heavily favored to win.  Us Hoosiers weren't.  We almost did, however.  Yup, my brave Hoosiers fought hard and valiantly and gave those Huskies a super-hard time--the entire game.  This loss was actually a win of sorts...


The older I get, I realize the same can hold true in life.  Yup, the dreaded confrontation is what shows me I have the strength and courage to emerge feeling empowered.  Someone's disapproval of me turns into my opportunity to embrace the fact that I don't need others' approval to celebrate myself.  The not-so-great outcome teaches me how to attain better ones the next go round. Etc., etc., etc...

Velvet Jacket: Norton McNaughton Petites (vintage)
Sweater: Zara
Maxi Skirt: B Moss (over 10 years old!)
Handbag: Milly
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Nine West via TJ Maxx
Infinity Scarf: Handmade via an Etsy vendor
Belt: No brand


Ever get the feeling a loss can become a win? Share the inspiration with me!

Joy, peace and hugs, T.