Thursday, March 13, 2014

When Saying Less is More...


I'm all for using my voice--not holding back on sharing my views and messages with others.  In the spirit of celebrating balance, however, I'm here to say that sometimes saying less is more, though.


There are times when it's best to listen; not speak. The biggest benefit is that it puts distance between what I hear and how I respond.


When it comes to blogging, the fewer words used, the better.  I strive to keep myself at less than 100 words per post.


Workplace emails?  If I can't say it in five sentences or so, it's time for me to call a meeting, pick up the phone or visit someone in person to discuss the matter.

Vest: Coldwater Creek
Sweater: Zara
Jeans: DKNY
Belt: Coach (consigned)
Handbag: Juicy Couture
Boots: Kinney (vintage and thrifted)
Black Bakelite Bangle: Vintage via Etsy
Other Bangles: Vintage boutiques
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Goldtone Bracelet: Fossil
Sunnies: Dollar Tree


What about you? When do you find that saying less is more?

Joy and peace, T.