Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Thoughts on Accessorizing...


Beforehand, if you haven't checked out my last post (a review featuring this lovely dress), please take a moment to do so as it's laden with other pics and insights not featured in this post.  This elegant dress was such a statement piece, it inspired today's post--dedicated to my thoughts on accessorizing...


Consider your lip color to be an accessory.  I'm wearing Lancome's Red Stiletto lipstick in these pics.  I think it's the perfect way to allow a bit of the statement (made by this dress) touch my face, too!


Think of your fingernails as accessories, too.  Since I wanted the dress to make the statement (versus my nails), I've selected a hue that blends nicely with the other silver-toned accessories I'm sporting.  Here, the polish I'm wearing is Nicole by OPI Gumdrops' A-Nise Treat.

Dress: eShakti
Hosiery: Simply Vera Wang
Clutch: BCBG
Heels: Nine West
Silver ID Bracelet: Hubby's

When a clothing piece you're wearing (such as this lovely dress) is the statement you want to highlight most, let your other accessories blend into the ensemble.  For this look, I selected soft, shimmery pieces that all coordinated together nicely.  Aside from my beloved rings, the only jewelry I sported was hubby's silver ID bracelet. These choices allow the viewer's eye to focus most on the dress!


Always treat your hosiery or tights as an essential accessory!  Sometimes, they will be used to make the statement; at other times, they will help pull together the other accessories you're wearing (as in these photos).  If you missed my recent interview about tights/hosiery, check it out here.


Please share with me your thoughts on accessorizing. Would relish hearing them!

Joy, grace & peace, T.

This post will be linked (Thursday) to:  Let Your Light Shine  * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * What Wives Wear and on (Friday) to: Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday