Sunday, December 14, 2014

On Wearing What I Like (Ode to Reindeer)


Not so very long ago, reindeer sweaters were total taboo within the realm of fashion...


Despite that fact, I couldn't let go of my lovely, festive sweater! I continued to don this adored piece proudly--each holiday season. When folks referred to "ugly holiday sweater" parties, my beloved reindeer cardigan never would have factored into what I might wear there...



Then, a year or two ago, reindeer-adorned pieces were spotted prancing along the fashion runways...  And, yes, you guessed it; reindeer clothing was once again in vogue.


So, does this mean, I was fashionable before my time (smile). No, it simply means I wear what I like--regardless of whether others do--or if it's "all the rage"...


You see, I think fashion principles (such as this) enable me to build self-assurance into all areas of my life.  For example, if I'm not worried what others think about my wearing of a reindeer sweater (when it was unfashionable to do so); I'm less likely to stress over what anyone else might think about me--period.  That's empowering stuff, yes?


 Cardigan: Woolrich
Top: L.L. Bean
Skirt: Banana Republic (thrifted--with original price tags still on it!)
Sweater Tights: Hue
Booties: Nine West
Bangle: MNG by Mango
Sunnies: Nine West
Handbag: Coach
Necklaces (wrapped): One=vintage; One=purchased from talented friend


Share with me your thoughts on reindeer sweaters, self-empowerment or whatever else you'd like. Would adore hearing your views!

Joy, reindeer and peace!  T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday on Monday.