Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Self-acceptance First...



Recently, I was asked to deliver (as a volunteer) a program at an area high school on the topic of "human rights."  I was given "free reign" in how I'd structure my presentation; so, I went with what I knew to be true in my heart: everything begins from within.


My belief is that when we accept, love and refrain from judging our own selves, it enables us to be more  accepting, loving and non-judgmental toward others.  Fashion blogging has forced me to "put myself out there" on a regular basis.  I firmly believe it's allowed me to better accept, love and not judge myself, and, as a result, others.


Contemplative practices such as journaling, mindfulness in daily living, meditation and yoga have also strengthened my ability to accept, love and not judge myself.  As a result, I included an overview and exercise in journaling with the students that day.


I was shocked that none of the students had ever journaled before.  If even one individual is able to use any of the principles I shared to better accept, love and not judge herself or others, I have accomplished what I set out to do!

 Jean Jacket: ChiQle Denim Architect (boutique purchase)
Pants: Chaps
Sweater: Vintage
Sunnies: Jennifer Lopez
Boots: Nine West
Eiffel Tower Brooch: Vintage (Etsy)
Leather Backpack: Anthropologie
Opal Bracelet: Tidebuy (see it featured in this past post)


Share with me your thoughts on this matter.  Would love hearing them!

Joy, grace and peace, T.

BTW, take a moment to check out this recent interview of me on this fab blog dedicated to hosiery!

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style SessionsGaray Treasures Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me (link up) and Confident Twosday.