Sunday, February 22, 2015

Inspiration in Style & Life...


 
Yes, I've sang praises many a time before (here) about inspiration (and, the joy it brings me).  Amidst cold, gray and snow-laden weather, however, sharing what's recently inspired me (and brought me added bliss) seems to be more than the needed thing to do (smile)!


Check out this great blog post to see what inspired me to sport my cherished moto jacket (an investment, wish list item I bought on clearance a few months ago).  This great jacket hanging in the closet doesn't give me feelings of elation.  Wearing it, though; that makes me happy (and, that's a good thing)! In fact, I'm vowing to don this jacket much more often.


Those who read the blog frequently know I adore red lipstick.  It's especially fun to wear when it's dark and gloomy outside--makes the world feel a bit brighter in my estimation! Check out this great blog post which inspired me to try a great tip related to red lipstick application.


My home is a haven, and I am thankful for my dear husband's ever-present optimism, support and love.  When I step out into the "real world," though, I'm finding a lot of really crabby folks out there as of late (must be the weather, huh?). The other day, having encountered too many of these individuals to count (in one single day), I was inspired by this lovely thought from SARK (an author and fellow blogger): "We all have the opportunity to take something that previously hurt us and turn it into a gift for someone else."  Guess what? From that point forward, for every testy person I dealt with that day, I turned around and did something extra-nice for someone else I encountered! 


Here's a link to SARK's Facebook page.  Interestingly enough, she's featured a whole lot of great stuff on the topic of inspiration, too!

Faux Fur Beret: Vintage (Etsy)
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Necklace: Vintage & Re-purposed (Etsy)
Moto Jacket: Michael Kors
Turtleneck: Target
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitter (older & son's discarded pair)
Boots: Vintage Kinney (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Lipstick: Lancome Red Stiletto
Handbag: The Leather Satchel Company (via Asos)


So, my friends... What's inspiring you as of late?  Please share! I think we all need a bit of added inspiration these days (xx).

Joy, hugs & peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).