Sunday, February 1, 2015

Aligning with Nature


I adore being outdoors; enjoying the sunshine softly touching my face and basking in natural settings.  It's generally tough to do so this time of year, though--at least where I live.


Last Friday (the day these pics were taken) the daytime temperature high was a mere 18 degrees.  Believe me, that's cold!  Oh, and did I add that the wind was sharply blowing--All. Day. Long? Plus, there's patches of ice strategically placed upon every walkway in town.


What's nice is that even though I'm not getting outdoors (as much as I'd like right now), I still feel I'm aligned with nature.  I'm just doing so in a very special way...


I observe the phases of the moon (it's waxing right now--full moon later this week!).  Unless I'm having breakfast out, I also enjoy dining while gazing out onto my lovely backyard each morning. And, I'm in tune to natural cycles (I can literally feel the daylight hours increasing with each passing day!).


Someday soon, spring will arrive.  I'll savor walks outdoors, magical moments in my precious flower gardens, and sacred evenings on the patio; watching the sun set.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the heightened sense of natural alignment this glorious season is gifting me.

Beanie: American Eagle Outfitters (gifted)
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Coat: J.Crew
Fisherman Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger (consigned)
Turtleneck: Target
Black Jeans: L.L. Bean Signature
Boots: Nine West
Leather Gloves: Coach
Handbag: Coach
Pendant: Phi Beta Kappa Key (earned as a college undergrad)


I know it's summertime for some of you reading right now.  Regardless the season you are experiencing, how are you currently aligning yourself with nature?  Please share!

Joy & peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).