Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Life's Glorious Surprises...


The morning these pics were taken (last Saturday post my standing breakfast date in town with Mark), it had just finished raining.  You see, the whole day had a forecast of nothing but the wet stuff... Interestingly enough, an hour after these pics were taken, the sun came out and shone brightly for the rest of the day (Yay!).


Calendar year 2014 is teaching me a few lessons (loudly and clearly).  One of those being that some things I may initially deem as "bad situations" turn out to be those that teach me valuable skills and allow me to outshine the challenges placed before me.  In other words, sometimes, difficulties or disappointments can turn into gloriously surprising treasures.




Life's glorious surprises can also take form by way of a son's cast away sweatshirt or a comfy, older pair of Birkenstock shoes that had been tucked away in the back of the closet--but are now, back in vogue...

 Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Sweatshirt: Abercrombie & Fitch (youngest son's castaway)
Pants: Chaps
Sandals: Papillio by Birkenstock
Rose Gold Watch: Michael Kors (gifted)
Handbag: Dooney & Bourke (vintage via Capital Antiques in Frankfort, KY)


Share with me what has surprised you--gloriously--as of late.  I'd love hearing about it!

Joy and peace,  T.