Thursday, May 22, 2014

Themed Style: Nautical...


One of my favorite summertime looks is nautical style. Stripes, cuffed jeans (generally, white or blue) and canvas shoes are mainstays for how I'll wear this look, but I will often throw on an accessory or jewelry item with anchors on it, too.


Even though I cite "jeans" and "canvas shoes" as hallmarks of this look, it can easily be pulled off with the right dress or skirt + top combo.  I found a fab Pinterest page dedicated to the various looks of nautical style.  Check it out by clicking here.


Although any color works, red, white and blue are defined nautical style hues.  Black paired with white--or even red + black + white work swimmingly, too.  Gold (in both jewelry and clothing) lends itself to that "right off the docks" feel as well.


An assessment of my closet indicates there will be scads of nautical-themed style (for me) this spring and summer.  That, I like! Nautical style is not only classical; it has "summertime" written all over it.


Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Chambray Shirt: Fossil
Sweater: Liz Claiborne (older)
Jeans: Chico's
Sneakers: Converse
Handbag: Sole Society
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Love Knot Earrings: Gifted


Now... I know I've only scratched the surface on nautical style (as I define it).  But...I would adore hearing your tips for this fun summertime look; so, please share!

Joy & peace, T.