Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Rule-breaking Done Right...


Ever establish "rules" for yourself; only to fully realize they make no sense and need to be broken? I do.


Case in point... Last Friday, I was slated to attend a local women's leadership conference (complete with inspiring women speakers, fabulous amenities and a gourmet lunch). I had actually planned on meeting a dear friend/mentor there. Problem was (in my mind), I had way too much to do at the office. An abundance of to do's and deadlines loomed.


Then, I realized: Hey, I'm in charge, here. I got this. There's no rule saying I can't take a needed day of rest from it all to re-charge.  So, I did.


Glad that's the way I proceeded, too. So very much that was presented that day resonated with me on a personal level. Plus, it was so soul-enriching to spend time with my sweet friend/mentor.


I broke the rules a bit more that day... During the networking breakout session, she and I slipped off to an onsite Starbucks to sip tea while supporting and mentoring each other on work-related matters.  Yup, I broke the rules on a couple of fronts; quite effectively, too.

 Silk Blouse:  Topshop
Cashmere Sweater: Vintage Michael Kors (Etsy)
Jeans: Loft
Booties: G.C. Shoes
Pendant: Vintage (local antique shop)
Bracelet: Vintage (local antique shop)
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Handbag: Coach
Sunnies: Vera Bradley


Okay, fellow rule breakers (smile), share with me how you effectively "break" self-mandated and other edicts that no longer serve you. I'd love hearing about it!

Joy, grace and hugs, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style SessionsGaray Treasures and Confident Twosday.  On Wednesday, I'll link to The Pleated Poppy and Whatcha Wearing Wednesday