Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Style: Wearing O' the Bright Hues...


Happy St. Paddy's Day!  These pics were taken last Sunday afternoon.  I promise I'm wearing green, again, today (smile).


To me, there's nothing that says "springtime" like a pop of bright color.  For years, though, I shied away from brighter hues like the sweater I'm sporting in these pics.


Over time, I've grown more comfortable in sporting brighter wardrobe pieces, however.  You see, the trick is to not have an overabundance of bright in one wearing...  


When I'm infusing bright via accessories, I'm more likely to blend a couple of pieces.  With a larger item of clothing (e.g. dress, sweater, pants, etc.) in a brighter shade, my preference is to pair it with more muted articles--all in a similar color palette.  

 Blanket Cape: Anne Klein
Scarf: Coach (gifted)
Sunnies: Betsey Johnson
Sweater: L.L. Bean (older)
Gray Jeans: Forever 21
Booties: G.C. Shoes (boutique purchase)
Lipstick: Clinique Super Strawberry


Are you wearing your green this St. Paddy's Day? What are your tips for sporting super-bright hues?

Joy & peace, T.


This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style SessionsGaray Treasures and Confident Twosday.  On Wednesday, I'll link to The Pleated Poppy and Whatcha Wearing Wednesday