"You deserve the comforts of safety, freedom and community..." It's a small portion of a guided meditation an instructor led during a recent yoga class I attended.
The pursuit of those three things: safety, freedom and community--truly resonated with me. Here's why...
I want to be safe from:
- thoughts that don't serve me well;
- the need to please; and
- speak my truth;
- express myself artistically; and
- take calculated risks.
- enriches the quality of my life through deeper connections with others;
- expands my horizons in too many ways to count; and
- enables me to reach out, share my gifts.
Shirtdress: Ralph Lauren (consigned)
Belt: Land's End (thrifted)
Heels: Nine West
Cardigan: Tommy Hilfiger
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Art Deco Glass Beads: Vintage via Etsy
Men's Watch: Hubby's Discard
Silver ID Bracelet: Hubby's
Joy & peace. T.
This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I wore: The Pleated Poppy.