Sunday, September 21, 2014

Building Community...

  

How was your weekend?  Hope it was restful and fabulous. Mine sure was!


As planned, I attended that lovely yoga workshop on Saturday.  I also enjoyed a few dates out with Mark, reflected via my journal, and watched several great movies--while cozied up at home in the evenings.


After Saturday's yoga workshop, I went outdoors to commune with both nature and my beloved flower gardens.  There, I had an enjoyable visit with a neighbor, who is also a coworker,.  You see, building community, to me, includes time spent practicing yoga with like-minded spirits as well as connecting with a colleague (and neighbor) in my yard on a picture perfect fall day.


Monday, I'm meeting with a group of dear gal pals to enjoy lunch.  We are all members of the local Zonta Club; so, in addition to savoring time together, we're planning to talk about ways our club can establish stronger connections (through service) within our community. Seems it's a common theme for me--as of late (smile).

 
 Blazer: Peace of Cloth (best bargain, ever!)
T-shirt: Youngest Son's Discard
Jeans: J Crew
Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff
Sunnies: Jennifer Lopez
Bracelet: Vintage (and consigned)
Boots: Nine West
Eiffel Tower Brooch: Vintage (Etsy)



Share with me thoughts about your weekend and community building. Would adore hearing them!

Joy, grace and peace. T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style on Sunday and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday on Monday.