Sunday, September 7, 2014

Style Trend: Culottes


Okay, I'm going to "date" myself a bit... Long ago, we used to call these "gaucho pants."  Now (I understand), they are known as "culottes"...


Nice thing is--they are back in vogue.  Even nicer, I had hung onto the pair I purchased about five years ago (when they were in style the last time)!


These photos were taken at a one of the local golf clubs.  It's the same one I meet at with local Zonta friends for lunch once a month.


Post pics, Mark and I headed off to the local event of the year: the Black Swamp Arts Festival.  Note the sweet bracelet to the right of my watch (in the photo below).  I bought it from one of the artisans displaying their wares there.  It's made from vintage sterling silverware (spoons, forks, etc.).



Amidst walking our quaint, historic Main Street district, and enjoying artistic inspiration galore, we stopped by a fave coffee house that also sells used books.  There, I picked up a copy of Marianne Williamson's The Age of Miracles.  Can't wait to give it a read!

 Blouse: Forever 21
Lace Camisole: Urban Outfitters
Culottes: No Brand
Shoes: Zara
Handbag: The Leather Satchel Company via Asos
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Necklace: Gifted
Silver ID Bracelet: Hubby's
Watch: Hubby's Discard
Beaded Bracelet: Vintage Tiffany via Etsy


 Below, are a few photos from Saturday's fab event...




Do you wear culottes?  What inspiration (creative or otherwise) did you experience this past weekend? Please let me know!

Joy & peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style on Sunday and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday on Monday.