Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Volunteer Joy!

Me, assembling birthing kits with Zonta friends (November 2011)

My mission--this evening (post work)--is to gather with dear Zonta friends to assemble birthing kits to be used by women in Cambodia.  It's a fabulous way to further Zonta's mission of advancing the status of women (worldwide)--while enjoying the fellowship of like-minded women.

This post is brief.  Hopefully, however, the message is strong.  Volunteerism (done mindfully) enables me yet another way to live a richer, more meaningful life.  It gives me a sense of community, and lets me dedicate efforts towards causes I value highly.

To read more about Zonta and their mission, check out this article I wrote for the Examiner in 2010.  Added insights (of mine) on volunteerism are shared in this past blog post.

Wishing you the best possible Tuesday imaginable!  Joy, hugs and peace.  T.