Saturday, March 23, 2013

Handmade + Thrifty + Planet-friendly Fashion

We've all got to get dressed each day, right?  My thought is to make it a time to have fun, flex our creativity muscles a bit and maybe don a spot of social responsibility from time to time in doing so...

Featured above is what I wore to work, yesterday.  The dress (styled as a jumper) was purchased from a local boutique, and it is handmade.  The turtleneck was a Target snag (less than $10 and featured on this blog before).  My belt, I picked up at a local thrift store for $1. 


I heart the fact that pulling together an outfit requires me to think outside the box—get my creative on!  The fact that I’m supporting local artisans/women business owners, saving money and being environmentally prudent with an outfit like this... Well, that’s just frosting on the red velvet cupcake (smile)!


How about you?  Do you find that selecting an outfit helps you flex your creativity muscles?  Do you enjoy the thrill of a fab second-hand find?  Would love to hear about it!



Joy & peace.  T.