Saturday, March 30, 2013

Taking a Shine to Impermanence...

"Dearest Sunshine: Your abrupt departure and too-short presence simply 
cues me to step up and shine without you!"
--my thoughts as shared on Twitter (March 27, 2013)

For many of us, it’s been an incredibly long winter.  Despite the fact that spring has technically arrived, winter still seems to be hanging around (It is freezing here this morning!)

A few days ago, the sun shone for the first time in what literally seemed like an eternity.  Gracing us with only a few hours’ appearance that day, the sunshine’s too-soon departure resulted in the Twitter thoughts shared above. 

Sometimes, external circumstances serve to dampen the joy of the here and now.  And, I’m not just talking about the weather, either... 

More recently, I've found comfort in the knowledge that every moment is impermanent...  What this means is: so, too, are encounters with difficult people, the lingering winter, projects I don't enjoy tackling, etc., etc., etc.  

The sparkly shoes (featured above and below) are mine.  I wore them, yesterday, to remind me to shine—even if the sun decided not to.  Nice thing was that it did--all day (smile).  It's bright and sunny, again, this morning, too! Perhaps springtime is, indeed, en route, and this winter will not be everlasting after all.  Uh huh, I'm taking a shine to impermanence!



Joy and peace and the comfort of impermanence to you.  T.