Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Venture Forth and Gain...


Last week, while vacationing in New England, we ventured forth (one day) into Vermont's luscious Green Mountains.  Don't ask me why, but I've always wanted to visit Middlebury, Vermont.  So, while on our quest to experience some of that state's numerous majestic sites, we moseyed on over to that little town I'd dreamed of visiting...


So glad we did, too!  As you can see from these photos, it was gorgeous. That waterfall (featured in the background) is gracefully situated in the historic (and quaint) little downtown--which is connected to Middlebury College's lovely, hilly and history-laden campus. Oh yes...and the mountains flank it all (which is (in my opinion) frosting on the cupcake).




More often (as of late), I find myself embracing the fact that venturing forth (whether on vacation, my creative pursuits or within my career) is the only realm where gain occurs.  Yes, complacency and safe feels secure, but having blind faith enough to put myself "out there" is where spectacular manifests.

Dress: Ralph Lauren (consigned)
Belt: Chaps
Shoes: Sperry
Handbag: Sole Society
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Watch: Hubby's Discard
Statement Necklace: Purchased from talented artist friend
Headband: Scunci via Walgreens


Share with me your thoughts on venturing forth... I would adore hearing them!

Joy, grace, hugs and peace!  T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions  and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I Wore: The Pleated Poppy.