Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dreaming of Springtime in Galoshes...




Rainy Afternoon at the Museum





The Polar Vortex of 2015 has arrived.  It's snowy and frigidly cold here in Northwest Ohio. In fact, this latest little round of winter has prevented my picture taking efforts this entire week (sigh).

As a result, today's post is one dedicated to much warmer times... You see, I'm planning a little getaway (in the springtime) to Washington D.C., and (of course) I'm already thinking about what to wear.  Given the fact my trip will take place during the rainy season, I'm thinking I should plan on it raining at least one day while I'm there.  This means I may need to invest in a pair of Hunter boots (red ones; specifically).  Aside from the boots, I own clothing items very similar to the other ones featured on these Polyvore style boards and could easily replicate both looks.

The top style board conveys a look that is perfect for a rainy afternoon at a museum. Don't you think?


Rainy Evening Out




Then, there is a night out on the town... Of course, if it's not raining, I'd don my red open toed Nine West heels (which I adore) with the "out to dinner and drinks" ensemble featured directly above.  If it's raining, however, what do you think about pairing a pair of shiny (red) Hunter boots with a black sheath dress (as I've done here)? Would you wear tights with them or not?

Would love hearing your thoughts?  Stay warm, my Friends!  With any luck, I'll have outfit pictures to feature next week!

Joy & hugs, T.