Thursday, April 24, 2014

Art is Everywhere, Everything...And, That's Fab!


Last Sunday, Mark and I ventured out to the Toledo Museum of Art to see their exhibit on the Louve's Tuileries Garden.  In a word, it was "fab!" Makes me want to pack up, today, and head to Paris (smile)!


As I'd noted earlier this week, I'm deeply craving more art--as of late.  Needless to say, this exhibit certainly helped in feeding said need.


Coco Chanel once said, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."  Well, the same goes for art.  It's not just in a museum or on a wall.  Art is in our skies and on the streets.  It's all about the ideas we have, how we live each day and what occurs in our lives (and our reactions to said life occurrences).




As I look at these photos, I am awestruck by the emergence of leaves on the trees in the foreground, the beauty of the museum's architecture and even the lovely brick walkway I'm standing on.  It's all art--as is what I've chosen to wear and how I spent my day last Sunday.  Yup, art is everywhere, everything...and that's fab!

 Silk Blouse:  Charter Club (thrifted)
Jeans: Calvin Klein
Belt: J Crew
Shoes: Target
Handbag: Vintage Rooney and Bourke (Capital City Antiques, Frankfort, KY)
Animalier Shawl: Boutique along Lake Erie
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Pendant: College graduation gift from my grandparents


Where do you find art in everyday life?  Please share as I'd love hearing about it!

Joy, peace and artful living to you!  T.