Sunday, April 27, 2014

On Life Balance...


Isn't the gorgeous grove of trees featured in these photos magical?  There's something else I adore about these pics, though...  It's the lovely interplay of sun and shadows--gently gracing an early evening in the springtime.


I've often said some of life's best lessons are brought about by nature's glory.  That evening's simple interplay of light and shadows reminds me of the necessity for balance--in all things.


Over time, I've found I can balance even the busiest of days in the office.  Some of my favorite ways to do so are to simply step outside for a few minutes to savor a bed of tulips in bloom, walk across the hall to brew a cup of herbal tea, and to gift myself a quick, solo lunch date to grab a chocolate-banana soy smoothie.


Journaling from home, before my busy work day begins, is a luscious way to ensure myself balance.  And, post-work yoga classes and walks outdoors after dinner--those work well, too!

Cardigan: Chico's
Jean Shirt: Piace Boutique in Bloomington, IN
Belted Skirt: White House Black Market (thrifted with original price tag still on it!)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang via Kohl's
Shoes: Anne Klein
Jade Necklace: Vintage (bought at an antique store in southern Ohio)
Watch: Geneva
Silver Link Bracelet: Hubby's
Sunnies: Nine West
Handbag: Kate Spade Saturday


Share with me your thoughts on achieving life balance.  I'd love to hear them!

Joy & peace! T.

BTW, I've linked to the Two Birds' blog Inspiration Monday.  Drop by, and check it out!