Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Most Effective Goal-Setting Strategy...


Ever find yourself being more focused on the process versus the end result? I have, and I'm here to say that it's about the most effective goal achievement strategy I've ever used. Case in point: about a year and a half ago, I took Britt Bravo's Juicy Blogging e-course...


Participants were asked to do a variety of things--including to write down what their idea of blog success looked like. Good student that I am (smile), I did just that.  I also listened to what Britt advised and tried to implement her suggestions--all in the hopes of realizing juicier blogging. The important thing to note: I had scads of fun as I took said actions and continued to blog away...


Amazingly enough, I never revisited what I'd written down until about a week ago.  What I found is that I had achieved (and in some cases exceeded) the original goals/intentions I had written down back in early 2013 (when my blog was about to celebrate its first year in existence).


Guess what I've recently done?  Yup, written down thoughts of how to take this blog to the next level (and continue doing so in a way that's fun and laid back). I'll likely revisit things in a month or so--see how I can tweak or shift things a bit more--in order to see my newest dreams come to fruition.

Dress: Vintage via Etsy
Silk Scarf: Vintage (bought at an antique store in Tipp City, OH)
Shoes: Zara
Handbag: Fossil
Sunnies: Firmoo
Belt: Fossil
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Stone Bracelet: Gift shop in Nassau, Bahamas


Goal setting is great.  For me, though, the key to realizing success is to be relaxed, and have fun with whatever it is I'm doing.  Share with me your thoughts on this subject.  I'd love hearing them!

Joy & peace, T.