Sunday, July 6, 2014

What I Wore + Did: Summer Holiday...


This past Independence Day, Mark and I ventured about an hour and a half away to visit the home of former President Warren G. Harding and the Harding Memorial.  We are both avid history buffs, and I adore anything related to the Roaring Twenties (the era Harding served as a U.S. President); so, this was (undoubtedly) a super-fab journey for us.


Exterior view of the front of the Harding home


This next group of photos were taken at President and Mrs. Harding's Memorial.  As you can see from the pics, it is breathtaking.


It was the most gorgeous day imaginable--not a cloud in the sky, and cool enough to wear a lightweight sweater.  This, I love!

 Sweater: Zara
Jeans: Chico's
Sneakers: Converse
Handbag: Michael Kors
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Bracelet: Tiffany (vintage via Etsy)
Watch: Hubby's Discard
Topaz Pendant: Gifted
Headband: TranquiliT





The Harding Memorial


On our way back home, we took a detour through the country to see a lovely, historic covered bridge. Afterwards, we enjoyed dinner out--about 30 miles from home. A change from normal routines is always refreshing, yes?


Share with me what you did on a recent, enjoyable summer holiday.  I'd love hearing about it!

Joy + peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking up to the Two Birds' blog on Monday. Check it out!