Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Finding Beauty in the Unexpected...


Last Wednesday, Mark and I had the day off from work.  We spent some of that time readying the house for our grown children's arrival home.  I dusted and ran the vacuum cleaner.  Mark mopped, tidied up the garage, and swept the front porch.  Later, he assisted me in adorning the dining room table for Thursday's Thanksgiving feast...


Mark baked a yellow cake; me, a pumpkin pie. Together, we chopped veggies to munch on with hummus for later that eve...


Post gussying up a bit for our loved ones' arrival, we stepped out to take a few pics for the blog. The evening skies were blessed with an enchanting mix of sun and clouds...


After snapping a few photos, Mark looked them over and said, "These won't work. My shadow ruined the shots. I need to retake them."  I took a quick glance and said, "These look just fine to me."


Later, after I downloaded these pictures onto my computer, I noticed something truly lovely.  It's the shadows in these pics: Mark and I appear to be standing side by side.  Isn't that cool?

Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Shirt: American Eagle
Jeans: Calvin Klein
Heels: Candie's via Kohl's
Statement Necklace: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's

Sometimes life's grandest beauty is found where we expect it least.  Don't you agree?

Joy and peace!  T.