Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What I'm Looking Forward To...


I'm all for living in the present--savoring and enjoying the "here and now."  Nevertheless, I've always believed in the importance of always having something to look forward to, too...


Last night, we received nearly an added half foot of snow--here in northwest Ohio.  Great time for a bit of "what I'm looking forward to" thinking, huh?!?  Here goes...


Amidst a long (long, long) winter, I'm looking forward to (this week) is successfully wrapping a bow around several (somewhat challenging) workplace projects, Friday evening's date night, Saturday morning's breakfast out, and a day that the temps rise past the freezing mark (Yay!).


In the next few weeks and months, I can't wait to see the first sign of my tulips emerging in my home gardens, a long weekend away with Mark in celebration of our upcoming anniversary, and precious time visiting our grown children (both who live out of state).  I know as the cold wanes and the snow + ice melts, all these treasures await me...


You see... Every day, life presents me with so very much to look forward to.  Most of it is simple stuff.  Yet, it is all so very special: a tea break during a busy work day, breakfast while looking out onto my back yard, a good laugh with one of my loved ones...


Sweater: Sportables (vintage)
Vest: Sigrid Olsen (vintage)
Belt: Banana Republic
Jeans: Calvin Klein
Black + White Pearl Pendant: Gifted
Handbag: Tommy Hilfiger
Sneakers: Converse
Sunnies: Vera Bradley


What are you looking forward to?  Would love to hear about it!

Joy & peace, T.