Thursday, February 6, 2014

What's Working Well for Me in 2014...


Back in December, while enjoying a long holiday break from work, I enjoyed savoring early morning "me" time to write in my journal--in front of my fireplace with java at hand.  On my first day back to work, I felt called to shake things up a bit by continuing my dedicated morning reflection time.


I can't tell you how very much more relaxed, and in touch with myself that I feel as a result of this change.  I'd encourage everyone to eek out time--each day--for some type of contemplative practice--be it meditation, yoga, quiet reflection, journaling or the mindful creation of art. I felt the impact of my efforts almost immediately. Enough so, I eagerly engage (generally for about 20 minutes) morning after morning!


You may have read in a past post that my mantra for 2014 is "I got this."  I find myself tapping into this mantra quite often as of late.


Nice thing is this: It's working for me.  There's a stronger sense of inner strength, stick-to-itiveness and assuredness that has graced my presence as of late.


My mantra has made a measurable and positive impact in both my professional and personal life--in a short period of time.  Or perhaps it's my morning journal writing that's made the difference... Maybe it's both...

Sunnies: Firmoo
Cardigan: BCBG via TJ Maxx
Blouse: Rosegal
Belt: Target
Gloves: Target
Leather Pencil Skirt: Thrifted (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Jade Necklace: Vintage (antique store score)
Boots: Nine West
Handbag: Kate Spade Saturday
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Love Knot Earrings: Gifted


What's working well for you in 2014? I would adore hearing about it!

Joy & peace, my Friends!  T.