Thursday, June 12, 2014

My June Artist's Date...


Last Saturday, I embarked upon a yummy artist's date. If the term "artist's date" is not one that's familiar to you, please feel free to check out this past post.


You see, we're in the process of doing a bit of renovation at Bradley Manor (smile) this summer (No, the building in the background is not my home. It's the local Courthouse.).  Since we're freshening things up, my quest focused upon a search for a few finishing pieces for the master bedroom (comforter, throw pillows, decorative bureau top items, etc.).


As a result... I journeyed to a quaint, historic little town about 10 minutes from where we live. Enjoyed browsing at an artist's sculpture gallery and antique shop before heading to the mall (to search for bedding items).


I am honestly amazed at the creative, energizing benefits I reap from these solo dates I take with myself.  As I left the antique shop, and headed to my vehicle, I spotted a lovely cluster of pale pink peonies (faves of mine) blooming a few blocks away.  I strolled over and snapped a few photos.  I plan on having one printed and framed for my workplace office (where I've already displayed a collection of peony photos I've taken over the last few years).

 Lace Shirt: Lucky Brand (consigned)
Tunic: Vintage via Etsy
Skirt: Tailor B Moss (I've had this skirt for 10+ years--still love it!)
Leather Belt: Thrifted
Handbag: Kate Spade
Shoes: Zara
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Stone Bracelet: Gift shop in Nassau, Bahamas
Sunnies: Firmoo

Featured below, is one of the peony pics I took.  I've also included a photo of an item I purchased for our dresser top (we've hung black and white photos of trees in our bedroom--thought the leaf sculpture was a perfect piece!).




So, tell me... Do you take artist's dates?  Share with me one that's recently brought you happiness!

Joy & peace, T.