Sunday, June 29, 2014

Tailor-made Perfect...



Life sometimes isn't perfect... Take for instance the lighting in these photos--not the best, but that's okay.  Small, first-world problem, right?


Like my python-print maxi dress?  It's vintage Liz Claiborne.  I spied it at a local thrift shop a few weeks ago.  Initial problem: it was a couple of sizes too large. Major imperfection, right?


My solution? Take it to a tailor, and have it modified just for me! Perfect, huh?


Locally, there's a very talented tailor who has an adorable shop located in our quaint, historic downtown.  I hired her to hem and resize my dress (which only took a couple of days!).  Now, I have a lovely new-to-me dress that fits perfectly--and, was quite reasonably priced (from purchase to alteration).

Maxi Dress:  Liz Claiborne (thrifted)
Jean Vest: Old Navy
Jade Necklace: Vintage (antique store)
Fair Trade Bracelet: Bought at a boutique in Evergreen, Colorado
Shoes: Converse
Handbag: Kate Spade Saturday
Sunnies: Betsey Johnson


So, tell me... Do you have a talented tailor that you use for clothing alterations--or, are you sewing savvy yourself (If so, I'm in awe!)?

Joy + peace, T.