Sunday, October 26, 2014

Loving Now and Tomorrow...


Mark's got a phone app that alerts him of breaking, headline-worthy news. One evening last week, as we were watching a movie at home, he told me, "Honey, Oscar de la Renta passed away."


Solemnly, I vowed to pull out my treasured Oscar de la Renta scarf the next day--in his memory; which I did. Then, I got to thinking...


What do I know about Oscar de la Renta--other than the fact he was a talented fashion designer? It's a question I'm glad I asked myself.  I came upon this great article, where I learned he was not only a doting husband, animal lover/rescuer, and generous philanthropist, but a person with solid values that are rarely found within the business realm these days (look at the article's comments, you'll see what I mean).


One personal take away from the article was something Oscar de la Renta, himself, told the interviewer.  It was about his not being caught up in the past--but rather--focusing on "loving now and tomorrow."  Isn't that a lovely thought?


So many times it's easy to pine away over how great things used to be, or to painfully relive things gone wrong in the past.  Loving now and tomorrow holds so much more promise and purpose, doesn't it?

 Suede Jacket: Coldwater Creek (older)
Silk Blouse: Banana Republic (consigned via Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Silk Scarf: Oscar de la Renta (consigned)
Enamel/Goldtone Necklace: Vintage (local antique shop)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Leather Skirt: Vintage (Vintage Vogue)
Booties: Nine West
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Handbag: Vintage Dooney and Bourke (Capital Antiques, Frankfort, KY)


Tell me what you're loving about now and tomorrow.  I'd love hearing about that--or your thoughts on the late + great Oscar de la Renta.

Joy & peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style on Sunday and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday on Monday.