Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What to Wear: Autumn Baby Shower...


This weekend, Mark and I attended a baby shower, held in honor of our very first grandchild (due to arrive sometime prior to the close of this year!).  Yes, a little more than two years ago (this month) we gathered to celebrate the nuptials of my oldest son, Andrew, and his lovely bride, Amanda. Mark and I are fifty-something empty nesters--who adore being parents.  Imagine the joy in our hearts as we await our little grandson's arrival!!!


I have to admit... I truly didn't know what to wear, though, to an autumn baby shower. A spring or summertime baby shower--that, I believe I could have figured out.  Fall, though...I was (at first) clueless on what might work. The "old school" in me was initially thinking "pastels."


Nevertheless, my true inclination was to don my two black cat scarves.  You see, they are seasonally appropriate, but there's another reason... From the time my oldest son was a baby, I've lovingly referred to him as "my little kitten."  He's a cat lover, too; hence, the scarves seemed to be a perfect choice. These scarves cry out for pairing with other black pieces; which left me asking, "Will this work for a baby shower?" I decided it would!


Interestingly enough, I later came across this great Pinterest board on what to wear to a baby shower.  There, a cat print (and black) dress featured prominently displayed!


There was another issue at hand, however: how to incorporate both scarves (the darker of the two was gifted to my a few weeks ago from my gorgeous baby sis, Karolanne) into my ensemble... After perusing a few websites, I came up with an impromtu "hybrid" of my own. I'm not even sure I could replicate it again, but the lesson I learned, is that there's always a way to make it happen--if there's the will!

Hat: August Hat Company
Lambswool Sweater: T.J. Maxx (older)
Black Cat Scarves: Beige one from local boutique; Taupe one gifted (Thank you, Karolanne!)
Black Jeans: L.L. Bean Signature
Heels: Nine & Co.
Lace Top: Jones New York (consigned)
Handbag: Coach
Sunnies: Firmoo


Share with me your thoughts on what to wear to an autumn baby shower.  Would love to hear them!

Joy & peace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions, Garay Treasures Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me (link up) and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I Wore: The Pleated Poppy.