Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Gift I Gave Myself...



Recently, my sweet hubby gifted me with a certificate for a one-hour massage from a local masseuse.  Eagerly, I scheduled my appointment for this past Monday...



I was due for pedi, too, and originally thought I'd try to squeeze both appointments in on the same evening.  Only issue was it would make for a bit of rushing between appointments--which was not the goal (relaxation was what I most sought). Then, it hit me...



Decided to schedule a few hours of vacation leave from work that afternoon (Yes, on a Monday afternoon!).  What this did was enable me to first enjoy a relaxed pedi before my massage.  No rushing after a full workday...  Turned out that this change from the ordinary was the gift I gave myself--very relaxing and exactly what I needed!


Blazer: Peace of Cloth
Blouse: J Crew (consigned)
Leather Skirt: Thrifted (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Tights: Steve Madden
Booties: Nine West
Handbag: Coach
Sunnies: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's
Watch: Michael Kors (gifted)
Rose Gold Link Bracelet: Vintage (Etsy)
Eiffel Tower Brooch: Vintage (Etsy)


Friends, I'd love to hear what gift you've recently given yourself (or plan on giving to yourself)! Joy & grace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I Wore: The Pleated Poppy.