Thursday, October 16, 2014

Seeing the Beauty of Imperfection...



The older I get, the more I appreciate the beauty of imperfection.  You see, it's a relatively-newfound knack I'm totally loving!


I think the backdrop for these pics is gorgeous, don't you? Years ago, however, I'd have scoffed at the mismatched bricks and stone--coupled alongside the generous globs of putty.  Now, I see it as something so full of character and richness!


Same goes with this tree... There is a plethora of vibrant fall foliage gracing our lovely community right now.  This tree, although not spectacular by most folks' definition, owns a subtle whispering of the season that's upon us--which I adore!



My thought is this: the more I see beauty in what I'd have formerly thought as "imperfect;" the more open I am to always being surrounded by gorgeousness!


 Blouse: Lucky Brand
Cashmere Sweater: No Brand (and older)
Jeans: J Crew
Boots: Vintage Kinney (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Glass Art Deco Beads: Vintage (antique shop)
Sunnies: Firmoo
Handbag: Juicy Couture
Watch: Anne Klein (gifted)


Have you embraced the beauty of "imperfection," yet?  I would truly love hearing about it!

Joy & peace! T.

This post will be linked (Thursday) to:  Treasure Tromp  Let Your Light Shine  * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * Simply Just Lovely and on (Friday) to: Simple Sequins  * Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday