Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Glory of Switching Things Up A Bit...


There's truly nothing better than retreating to the comforts of home following a busy, cold winter's day on the job.  Sometimes, though, it's necessary to balance that all out--brave the cold and snow--and avoid holing up.  That's what I did this evening...


The local Zonta Club that I belong to held a lovely fellowship event in a gorgeous historic mansion located a few blocks from our quaint downtown.  H'ors d'oeuvres, vino, atmosphere galore and lively, admirable women I adore... Wow!  Exactly the "switch up" I needed.


I even had a driver.  Yup, snow flying, Mark dropped me off and picked me up (smile).  He also took these pics, at home, before we headed out.


Another thing I've switched up (in this last week) is that I've begun journaling in the morning--often with a cup of java at hand--in front of my lit (gas) fireplace.  It's been absolutely magical--relaxing, too! This means I'm now blogging in the evenings.


Change opens new doors, allows for exciting opportunities, and sets into motion a domino effect of other worthy shifts within our lives.  Next week, I'm venturing out one evening for a massage; another for yoga class.  Of course, Mark and I like to dine out a few nights a week...  But, I also plan on having several sacred evenings at home (yum!).

 Velvet Jacket: Norton McNaughton Petites (vintage)
Beret: Urban Outfitters
Sweater: Sportables (vintage)
Scarf: Local Boutique
Skirt: Banana Republic (thrifted)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang via Kohl's
Booties: Nine West
Belt: Vintage


Share with me your most recent "switch ups."  You know I'd love hearing about them!

Joy and peace.  T.