Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My 2014 Mantra...Revealed



For the past several years, I've cast away even the thought of a New Year's resolution.  Instead, I've adopted an annual mantra. Gotta say, I'm lovin' the results--far more than I ever did with resolving to do or not do whatever it was I was trying to actualize or avoid...


In 2012, my mantra was, "No regrets."  Last year, it was "Self-authored."


This year, I seek a greater sense of being able to handle whatever life throws my way--gracefully, mindfully and confidently.  Recently, I heard someone tell another, "You got this." In essence, what they were saying was, "You can do this.  I know you can."


My 2014 mantra is: I got this.  I've taken the liberty of trying it on for size in the past few weeks.


Quite honestly, it's given me one of the greatest feelings of "can do" that I've ever experienced.  I got this.  I do!

Silk Blouse: Banana Republic (thrifted)
Sweater Twinset Shell Worn as Vest: Liz Claiborne (vintage)
Pencil Skirt: Dillard's
Pearls: Antique Shop
Belt: Chico's
Tights: Apt. 9 via Kohl's
Boots: Nine West
Gloves: Target
Sunnies: Nine West via T.J. Maxx
Handbag: Marc Jacobs

Do you establish an annual mantra?  How about New Year's resolutions--do you set those?  Please share your thoughts on what you envision for yourself in 2014.

Joy, peace and Happy New Year!  T.