Monday, October 7, 2013

Courageously Spirited Style + Living


A couple of days ago--while flipping through the pages of my Franklin calendar/planner--I came across a quote that inspired me tremendously:


"When I use my strength in the service of my vision,
it makes no difference whether or not I am afraid." --Audrey Lorde


The service of my vision is to share the glory of self-celebration with other women.  Hence, here I am wearing (and publicly sharing) pics of myself and my spirited stylings...


You see, not too many years ago, I'd have never imagined myself walking into the local Dunkin' Donuts on a Saturday morning sporting bright red lipstick, heels and a t-shirt paired with a skirt.  Nope, playing it safe (t-shirt + jeans + muted lip gloss) was more my game (even when I didn't want to "play it safely").  Furthermore, I'd never imagined sharing my thoughts or pics of myself, publicly.


Click here for my thoughts regarding t-shirt sporting chic.


 T-shirt: Indiana University Bookstore
Skirt + Belt: White House Black Market (thrifted + still had an $88 price tag on it!!!)
Handbag: Milly
Heels: Candies via Kohl's
Sunnies: Dollar Tree
Enamel Bracelets: Kohl's
Hoosiers Watch: Mark's castaway


Perusing Brainyquote.com, I found Ms. Lorde (a total "rock star" in my opinion) had a lot to say about overcoming fear... Below, are a few more of her quotes I found to be hugely inspirational...






Today, grant yourself the gift of a life lived in self-celebration mode.  Live courageously, spirited and authentically. I can attest--it's a life well lived!

On a blissful side note... My beloved Hoosiers emerged victorious over Penn State's Nittany Lions--for the first time in history this past Saturday (smile). I'm guessing the team's overcoming of their own fears likely played a role in this noteworthy feat.

Joy and peace, T.